I am incredibly grateful for IFS for recognising the hard work I had put in in order to qualify and for subsequently offering to sponsor me for the 2017-2018 season. I met Rob and Adam in London for a meeting, and straight away we bonded over a mutual love for sport (mainly football)! I knew immediately we would be able to create a great relationship. I can’t thank them enough for the unwavering support they have shown me this year. The sponsorship they have provided has enabled me to train and race, both nationally and internationally. This has allowed me the opportunity to participate in training camps in both Mallorca and Lanzarote as well as four 70.3’s abroad!
I truly feel I wouldn't be half as prepared for the World and European Championships if it wasn’t for the support of Rob, Adam and IFS. The financial support provided has enabled me to race Portocolom I 113, France & Staffordshire 70.3, National Sprint & Middle Distance Championships, as well as the Elite Sprint race at Windsor. It is also enabling me to go and compete in South Africa and Ibiza.
My goal has always been to be the best athlete that I can be and to see where this takes me. Progressing onto Ironman distance (www.ironman.com - 2800 swim, 180k bike and finishing with a marathon; 42.2k run) in the near future. IFS has not only provided me with the opportunity to be the best athlete that I can be but also to race competitively on an international stage. I'm really looking forward to giving a race update after South Africa!
Here is a review of my race results so far this season:
- 6th overall Portocolom 113 (first age grouper)
- 6th Ironman 70.3 France
- 7th Ironman 70.3 Staffordshire
- 4th National Sprint Championships
- 3rd National Middle Distance Championships
- 5th overall Windsor Elite and 1st in age group
A big thank you Adam, Rob and the whole team at IFS! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment